Announcing #WDE15 – 2015 Women Driving Excellence on Feb. 17, 2015
Register online: http://womendrivingexcellence.com/wde15
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Women Driving Excellence Event to Honor Innovative Chicago Women in Business on 2/17
(Chicago) – On February 17 (10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at McCormick Place: 2301 S. Lakeshore Drive) Women Driving Excellence (WDE) will return to the Chicago Auto Show for the third year in celebration of women who help start, accelerate, fuel, and steer others to excellence. WDE is a collaborative community created to connect entrepreneurial and established women in business, philanthropy, media, government and community leadership positions. WDE provides women multimedia access to industry influencers using in person and digital social platforms.
The #WDE event was created by two social media mavens, MJ Tam and Beth Rosen of the popular ChicagonistaLIVE! online talk show. While there are many activities that appeal to women at the Chicago Auto Show, they felt the need to create a special program that would recognize women who exemplified unique vision and talent that fueled the fire of passion in the community.
They celebrate these women by lifting them up through the use of their powerful social networks. Inspiring all women to continue in empowering and engaging other women to do greatness for each other. The event will include a full day program honoring and celebrating innovative, entrepreneurial, accomplished, businesswomen in Chicagoland.
“We saw an opportunity to use our interactive digital platforms to connect women in real time, both in person and online, which has never been done before,” said co-founder MJ Tam. “During this event the honorees’ personal stories inspire and perhaps provide a roadmap to success for the attendees.”
- 10:00 a.m.: Networking Power Hour sponsored by State Farm Insurance, facilitated by the National Association of Women Business Owners and Exclusive Professional Women’s Networking Group.
- 11:00 a.m.: Honoring Trailblazing Women Presentation facilitated by Andrea Metcalf featuring Anita Alvarez, State’s Attorney, Cook County; Debi Lilly, Chief Eventeur, A Perfect Event; Dorri McWhorter, CEO, YWCA Chicago; Janet Davies, Host, ABC-7; Lucy Moy-Bartosik, Commander, Chicago Police Department and Dr. Suzet McKinney, Deputy Commissioner, Public Health Preparedness and Emergency Response.
- 1:00 p.m.: Enjoy a musical performance with cast members from FIRST DATE, a hysterical and hopeful Broadway musical about the chances we all take to find love.
- 2:00 p.m.: Join MJ Tam, Beth Rosen, Duong Sheahan and Nancy Loo host the #ChicagonistaLIVE! Talk Show, Chicago’s first social talk show.
- 3:00 p.m.: Gearing Up with Social Videos Presentation featuring author and spokesperson Shawna Coronado and columnist and blogger Beth Engleman.
“This venue provides a perfect situation, location to mix, meet and mingle with other professional women outside their own circles by providing invaluable networking and keynotes geared to improving, expanding, and inspiring,” said Beth Rosen. “We look forward to seeing the event continue to grow each year, as each woman who attends this day is what really drives us.”
Event admission is free of charge. Reserved seating and Chicago Auto Show Tickets are available for the first 100 that register for the event. Women Driving Excellence is presented with sponsors including State Farm Insurance and Nissan.
Maris Callahan: firstname.lastname@example.org/312-857-8417
Stephanie Krol: Stephanie@skpmedia.com/773-580-9726